Maileg believes protecting our environment is an important issue and takes the responsibility very seriously.
Maileg complies with the legislation for the environment, and we work intensively to improve our production by using only the best and most environmentally friendly production facilities. We call it responsible sourcing/production.
BELOW ARE OUR MAIN TARGETS.
- REACH chemical standard must be followed by all production partners.
- Our products are shipped by sea. We rarely use air freight to reduce CO2 emissions.
- We mainly use recycled or FSC-certified cardboard and paper for packaging our products.
- Polybags are only used when necessary, ie. to avoid dust or moisture.
- We reuse the export cartons, e.g. by repackaging them when we send orders to our dealers.
- Also, we work towards the exchange of all information to and from our customers and partners is done digitally and thereby annually save large amounts of paper.
At Maileg we believe that even small steps matter and by securing the right mindset for our employees and business partners we believe that we can do what we do today, even better tomorrow.
Maileg supports the 17 Sustainable Development Goal defined by UN and has a project running to secure the company is performing towards the goals with a strategic approach.